Rajaa El Meskini, Ph. D., Senior Scientist
Dr. El Meskini is skilled in the application of genetically engineered mouse (GEM) models to preclinical study methodology. Prior to starting her position at CAPR , she was a Drug Development Study Director at FASgen, Inc., in Baltimore, MD. Her previous experience includes a faculty position at the University of Connecticut Health Center, Neuroscience Department, and a Visiting Scientist position at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of expertise include:
- Management of pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and efficacy studies using GEM and orthotopic mouse models for human cancer.
- Cell-based assays for drug molecular target validation.
- Development of metastatic melanoma GEM-derived allograft (GDA) models.
- Establishment of primary tumor cell cultures.
- Development and characterization of Glioblastoma multiforme GEM-derived orthotopic models, and optimization for evaluation of anti-cancer therapeutics.