The NCI Center for Cancer Research (CCR) is committed to supporting and training the next generation of scientists. We can help you launch your career in basic or translational cancer research. CCR offers a research environment that is second-to-none in quality of science and quality of mentoring.
CRTA Training Fellowships
The Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) provides stipend support for U.S. citizens and permanent residents to train at the NCI Center for Cancer Research. Fellowships are renewable annually for up to 5 years, based on merit.
Who Can Apply?
- Fellows with a doctoral degree or the equivalent in the health sciences
- Fellows with no more than five (5) years of relevant postdoctoral research experience at the start of the fellowship period
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents
How Do I Apply?
There are several ways to search and apply for postdoctoral fellowships.
- Search current opportunities at CCR Careers
- Contact the principal investigator directly to inquire about openings in his/her laboratory.
- Submit your CV/resume to NCI Future Fellows, a databank of interested candidates to be considered for postbaccalaureate (master-level and post-college), doctoral, and postdoctoral fellowships. Our investigators may search this databank for potential fellows.
NIH Visiting Program
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Visiting Program provides support stipends for foreign postdoctoral scientists on J-1 visas to train at the NCI Center for Cancer Research or at other NIH institutes. Visiting fellow awards are generally processed for 2 years, but 1-year awards are an option. Fellowships are renewable for up to 5 years, based on merit. Learn more . . .