Current Open Clinical Trials
If you are interested in learning more about the eligibility requirements for any of open studies listed below, please contact the nearest participating University or Christina Mazcko.
To search studies being conducted by other groups please visit Vet Cancer Trials. This will allow you to search by location and tumor type.
COTC026: Evaluation of a recombinant, attenuated Listeriamonocytogenes expressing a chimeric human HER2/neu protein in dogs with osteosarcoma in the adjuvant setting
All dogs will receive standard of care. Standard of care includes surgical removal of tumor and four doses of carboplatin chemotherapy. Dogs will then receive 3 doses of a HER2-targeting bacterial vaccine. The antimetastatic effects of the vaccine will be compared to standard of care alone. 100 dogs will be enrolled on this study.
Sponsor: Morris Animal Foundation
Study Numbers: 100 dogs anticipated
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed osteosarcoma
- Measurable disease that is amenable to surgical removal via amputation
- Favorable performance status
- Only newly diagnosed dogs are eligible with no prior therapy for osteosarcoma
- Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Kansas State University, Manhatten, KS
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Univeristy of California at Davis, Davis, CA
- University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI