The NCI Center for Cancer Research
The Center for Cancer Research (CCR) is the basic and clinical intramural research program of the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
CCR Research Projects
- Are high-risk, high-reward
- Require the type of sustained support that may not be possible elsewhere
- Benefit from an interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary approach
- Focus on the study of rare cancers and underserved patient populations
- Are responsive to urgent public health needs, new goals, and new opportunities
CCR is a distinctive community of scientists and clinicians who work together to solve some of the most complex scientific problems related to cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We have developed collaborative networks across NCI, NIH, and with academia and private industry and our discoveries are shared with the larger cancer research community. CCR is also committed to training the next generation of researchers—scientists and scientist-clinicians.