Psychosocial Support & Research Program
The Pediatric Oncology Branch is truly committed to the psychological, social and emotional well being of our patients and their family members.
As part of the comprehensive care provided at the NCI's Pediatric Oncology Branch, a wide range of support services are offered to patients and their families to:
- Individual, Couples, Family Counseling (including services for siblings)
- Support Group Services - Coffee, Tea & Chat: a program that offers an opportunity for learning, as well as an environment of support
- Pill Swallowing
- Medication Adherence
- Pain Management
- Procedural Anxiety
- Coping with Illness
- Find out more, please visit the Support Services page.
Patients and family members are invited to participate in psychosocial research protocols while their child is undergoing treatment at the NCI. You and your child may be eligible to participate in some of our current research initiatives. View list of current studies.
- Lori Wiener, PhD, Section Head
- Sima Zadeh, Psy.D.
- Marina Noronha Ferraz de Arruda Colli
- Haven Battles
The Pediatric Oncology Branch has produced a number of educational and therapeutic materials to help the children we serve learn about their condition and cope with the challenges they might face as a result of their illness. View the resources here.