Christopher J. Melani, M.D.
Dr. Melani is a Staff Cinician and a clinical researcher specializing in lymphoma. His areas of interest include the use of novel therapies and drug combinations for the treatment of lymphomas as well as novel methods of molecular monitoring of disease and response to treatment, such as circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA).
Phase 1b Study of Venetoclax, Ibrutinib, Prednisone, Obinutuzumab, and Revlimid (ViPOR) in Relapsed/Refractory B-cell LymphomaOpen - RecruitingNCI Protocol ID NCI-17-C-0127Investigator Christopher J. Melani, M.D.Share this trial: Referral Contacts
Contact Name Phone Number Maureen Edgerly 240.760.6013
- Novel use of targeted therapies and immunotherapy in lymphoma.
- Molecular features of high-risk follicular lymphoma.
- Use of FDG-PET and management of mediastinal lymphomas.
- Use of novel methods of molecular monitoring, such as circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), in lymphoma.
- Molecular features and novel treatment of primary CNS lymphoma (PCNSL)
Selected Recent Publications
- New Engl J Med. 377(1): 89-91, 2017. [ Journal Article ]
DA-EPOCH-R in Primary Mediastinal B-Cell Lymphoma; Analysis of End of Therapy FDG-PET and Outcome.Blood. in press, 2017. [ Journal Article ]
- Oncology (Williston Park, NY). 30(8): 731-8, 2016. [ Journal Article ]
- Cancer Cell. 31(6): 833-843, 2017. [ Journal Article ]
MYC gene rearrangement in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma does not confer a worse prognosis following dose-adjusted EPOCH-R.Leuk Lymphoma. 22: 1-4, 2017. [ Journal Article ]
Dr. Melani earned a B.S. in biology with a minor in psychology from The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, PA in 2007. His medical training was conducted at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA where he earned his M.D. in 2011. Dr. Melani's internship and residency training were performed at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD from 2011 to 2014. He undertook fellowship training in hematology/oncology at NCI/NHLBI in Bethesda, MD from 2014 to 2017. Currently, he is employed as a Staff Clinician in the Lymphoid Malignancies Branch of the NCI under the mentorship of Dr. Wyndham H. Wilson.