The Synthesis Group is a component of the Chemical Biology Laboratory. This facility provides synthetic chemistry resources and expertise to the NCI Intramural community.
The facility’s capabilities include:
- Providing expertise, consultation and experience in areas of chemical synthesis and purification.
- Providing custom synthesis and support for the development of small molecule tools or the synthesis of known ligands or probes which are not commercially available.
- Synthesis of materials for pre-clinical investigations.
- Support for small-molecule drug discovery through optimization of leads identified in high throughput screens.
- Collaborative short-term sabbatical-type opportunities for post-doctoral fellows who wish to gain synthetic chemistry experience.
The Synthesis Group provides a means to access chemical technology for those groups within the NCI Intramural community which would not otherwise be capable of exploring these aspects of their research.