New & Noteworthy
Sign up to receive the new Pediatric Psycho-Oncology Professionals/Providers International Newsletter. Contact Sasja Schepers
Handbook of supportive oncology and palliative care : whole-person adult and pediatric care, Editors, Ann Berger, Pamela S. Hinds, Christina Puchalski.
Pediatric Palliative Care, Editor
Of Special Note:
Cancer Caregivers is a comprehensive guide to the state of the science of cancer caregiving. It describes the characteristics and experiences of cancer caregivers based on their life stage, relationship to the patient, and ethnic group membership, as well as patients' disease and treatment type. The text highlights the significant progress in research focused on the development and dissemination of psychosocial interventions for cancer caregivers, and includes in-depth case studies to illustrate their delivery and application. It also explores the provision of support to caregivers in the community and the legal and ethical concerns faced by caregivers throughout the caregiving process. Cancer Caregivers offers both fundamental and practical information and is available from the Oxford University Press website, as well as Amazon, and is available in both print and Kindle formats: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/cancer-caregivers-9780190868567?cc=us&lang=en&
- Now available: Bright Ideas: Problem Solving Skills Training. Designed to help reduce the emotional distress in mothers of children recently diagnosed with cancer.
- Now available: Standards for Psychosocial Care for Children With Cancer and Their Families: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pbc.v62.S5/issuetoc
- Check out Tara's powerful presentation at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. While her message was spoken first to young people who are living with cancer, she made an important call to action for all of us. Check out Tara's Story!
- Abrams, A, Muriel, AC, Wiener, L. (Eds) Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology: Textbook for Multi-disciplinary Care, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2016.
- Wiener, L, Pao, M, Kupst, MJ, Kazak, A, Patenaude, A, Arceci, R. (Eds).) Quick Reference for Pediatric Oncology Clinicians: The Psychiatric and Psychological Dimensions of Cancer Symptom Management, 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Handbook of Psychotherapy in Cancer Care, edited by Maggie Watson and David W. Kissane (ISBN # 978-0-470-66003-4) 2011
Journal Articles Of Special Note:
Scialla MA, Canter KS, Chen FF, Kolb EA, Sandler E, Wiener L, Kazak A. (2017). Delivery of care consistent with the psychosocial standards in pediatric cancer: Current practices in the United States. Pediatric Blood and Cancer; 65(3): epub ahead of print.