Office of Training and Education
The NCI Office of Training and Education focuses on enhancing the overall training experience of postdoctoral and clinical fellows, graduate students, postbaccalaureate fellows, and interns at the NCI Center for Cancer Research.
What We Do:
- Assist CCR principal investigators in recruiting outstanding candidates for training positions
- Develop and conduct training courses and career development workshops for current CCR fellows
- Provide trainees with mentoring opportunities and collaborative interactions
- Promote awards to reward outstanding research efforts by CCR fellows
- Assist trainees as they transition into academic positions or alternative career paths
Questions can be directed to any of our staff members.Jonathan S. Wiest, Ph.D. Director for Training and Education Ph: 240.276.5628 firstname.lastname@example.org Terry Moody, Ph.D. Special Assistant to the Director Ph: 240.276.7785 email@example.com Vi Black
Trainee Activities and Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Velthuis Program Manager NCI Cancer Research Training Program Award (CRTA) Ph: 301.594.9416 email@example.com Ravi Dhar, Ph.D.
firstname.lastname@example.org Keyonna A. Earle Program Specialist Ph: 240.276.7784 Keyonna.Earle@nih.gov