Physician-Scientist Early Investigator Program at CCR
The NCI Center for Cancer Research (CCR) is pleased to announce our annual call for applications for an exciting opportunity intended for physician-scientists interested in dedicating their careers to clinical research.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants who wish to be appointed on the academic year (i.e., July 1st), are encouraged to apply by September 30, 2019.
Who We are
The Center for Cancer Research comprises nearly 250 teams conducting basic, translational, and clinical research in the NCI intramural program - an environment supporting innovative science aimed at improving human health. CCR's clinical program is housed at the NIH Clinical Center - the world's largest hospital dedicated to clinical research. For more information about CCR and its programs, visit ccr.cancer.gov.
Areas of Interest
The Physician-Scientist Early Investigator Program (formerly the Clinical Investigator Development Program) assists physician-scientists in the transition to an independent investigator conducting basic, translational or patient-oriented research.
Potential areas of interest include:
- Highly competitive selection via international search
- Mentored three-to-five-year independent research program; initial appointments are for three years with the possibility of up to two additional years based on progress
- Mentorship support includes primary basic and clinical mentors and mentoring committee
- Intramural funded, protected time for research
- Clinical responsibilities dependent on research project
- Independent resources include laboratory space, travel and training funds, support personnel, supplies and services funds, support for clinical protocol development and implementation and access to basic and clinical research cores
- Access to array of NIH training opportunities, including coursework enabling acquisition of clinical research skills, a grant writing workshop and NIH leadership program
- Comprehensive federal employee benefits, including eligibility to apply for the https://www.lrp.nih.gov/